Of all the songs I’ve ever done, this has to have been the most fun so far. I have tried to write an entry for this, but it was written intermittently over the course of 7 or 8 months and was not written in order at all, so I’ll just leave you with some facts and thoughts.
- this is a song about looking inside, knowing who you are, and trying to make sense of the past, which sometimes is futile, but it atleast can help you understand how you’ve gotten where you are.
- I wrote the ending lyrics one night when I couldn’t sleep. I flipped on the light, wrote down the verse and went back to bed. I really wanted it to sound like the end of “Florida” by Modest Mouse, but with my own spin on it.
- I really hope one day I can do this song with a band and do it justice in front of a crowd, that would be awesome.
- This is by far the most fun I’ve ever had writing a song. Especially the middle and end. This was a story I had been wanting to tell for quite awhile and it was worth waiting and taking the time and doing it right.
- The whole time I was writing this album, I had two more songs planned to follow this song, but once I had recorded the ending, I knew it couldn’t be topped and chose to end the album with what I had.
I guess that is it. Thanks for reading if you’ve made it this far. A chapter ends and a chapter begins. Dream it and do it.