If you know me, you know I’m a longtime, die hard crazy Weezer fan… so a few months ago I was stoked to hear that Patrick Wilson (co-founder, drummer, songwriter, etc.) is a huge David Lynch fan! I asked Pat to share his top 5 Lynch moments on film and he graciously obliged.
1. “Robert Loggia in Lost Highway showing “Where mechanical excellence and 1400 horsepower pays off”"
(editor’s note – for the uninitiated, read the full rant below)
”DON’T YOU EVER FUCKING TAILGATE! SIX FUCKIN’ CAR LENGTHS… THAT’S ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIX FUCKIN’ FEET, MISTER! YOU WERE FOLLOWING TEN FEET BEHIND ME… IF I’D HAD TO STOP SUDDENLY, YOU WOULD HAVE HIT ME. I WANT YOU TO GET A DRIVER’S MANUAL, AND I WANT YOU TO STUDY THAT MOTHERFUCKER… AND I WANT YOU TO OBEY THE GOD DAMN RULES. FIFTY FUCKIN’ THOUSAND PEOPLE WERE KILLED ON THE ROAD LAST YEAR CAUSE OF FUCKIN’ ASSHOLES LIKE YOU.TELL ME YOU’RE GONNA GET A MANUAL.”
2. When Harry in Twin Peaks presents Agent Cooper with a “Green Butt Skunk”
3. “I’m not sure if it’s more than a scene but the little guy who says “Doppelgänger” and Laura is shrieking and Bob takes Windom Earl’s soul.”
4. ”The idea that they found the actor for “Bob” in Twin Peaks cuz he was a crew guy caught in the shot.”
5. ” The most erotic scene ever filmed (in the history!) with Naomi Watts and Laura Harring in Mulholland Drive.” (editor’s note-scene shown below is just the “tip” of the iceberg…)
Special thanks to Pat! You can catch him and the rest of those Weezer boys, along with a ton of other cool bands on “The Weezer Cruise” this January.
cover photo by karl koch